1. Download and install Pidgin
Download and install Pidgin for Windows.
2. Add a new Account
Click on the Add button on the welcome screen to add a new account.
In the basic tab:
- Protocol should be set to IRC
- Username should be the hostname from your credentials
- Server is also the hostname from your credentials
- Password is the password from your credentials
- Check Remember password, so you don't always have to re-enter it
- Local alias is your chat name
In the Advanced tab:
- The Port should be the port number from your credentials
- Tick Use SSL, so your chat is secure
- Ident name should be the user name from your credentials
3. Start Chatting
Click on 'Add' and you'll be automatically connected to the project chatroom.
No credit card required. Sign up only takes 60 seconds.